Provision of Sanitary Towels and Girls sexual Maturation Training to OVC
The project was funded by IMF /CPAC in 2007 – 2008. The project was implemented in Sironga Primary School; the goal was to improve the management of sexual maturation by primary school girls in Nyamira District orphaned by HIV/AIDS. Activities carried out by HWF were:
- Update and disseminate guidelines for senior women and male teachers.
- Set up Teen clubs through which information on hygiene, sexual maturation and life skills are accessed.
- Production and distribution of IEC materials on sexual maturation.
- Demonstrate and train the girls on proper use of sanitary towels and disposal after use.
- Work with protective sanitary materials manufacturers to market affordable sanitary towels.
- Lobby school management committees to budget for sanitary towels.
- Distribute sanitary towels to 250 girls.
- Support awards giving to girls who have excelled in school for the five schoo