Provision of Hygiene and Sanitation facilities to Rural Primary Schools in Nyanza,Shelter and Non Food Items to victims of Post Election Violence (PEV)
The overall objective of the project was to provide emergency humanitarian aid to the Internally Displaced people (IDP) of Nyanza in Kisii Cathedral, Riatengeya and Ekerenyo IDPs camps. Funded by UNICEF in 2008. HWF conducted the following in 16 primary schools their surrounding communities and IDP centers:
- Provision of clean drinking water ( water storage tanks and aqua tabs)
- Provision of sanitation facilities
- Installation of mobile toilets
- Conduct community hygiene and sanitation promotion
- Provision of sanitary facilities and materials.
- Provision of Aqua tabs ,PHAST and CHAST to 16 schools with internally displaced children namely; Bigogo primary School ,Nyamare Primary School ,Tombe primary School ,Sengera Primary School ,Sengera Secondary School ,Moraco Polytechnic,Moromba Primary School ,Kiangoso Primary School, Ikobe Primary School ,Nyambogo Primary School ,Sasati Primary School, Rirumi Primary School , Ekerubo Primary School and Kisii Children Home.